Thursday, May 23, 2013

The little motor that.. almost could.

 I had a little bit of time yesterday to quickly throw a motor, gear, and wheel on and test it out to see how it all works together.

 It went well except I'm afraid the motor might not have enough power. I think all 6 motors combined will give it enough power to move but probably not enough power for climbing over little rocks and up hills. Sooo... perhaps I'll look into stronger motors that won't exceed my 1.2 Amp limit. But this is all for now. 

+Cristin Finnigan and I are headed off to Space Fest in Tucson, bright and early tomorrow morning! We're really looking forward to meeting lots of like minded people, meeting astronauts, and hearing all about the awesome field of space exploration! This is going to be great!! Perhaps I'll post some pics when we get back. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Mike I think you will achieve better results if you try running a sensor loop across the matrix grid.Make sure all the widgets are timed correctly.You can reduce motor drag by purchasing a triple sprocket cam($3.99,S-Mart).Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know.. I was actually considering putting some extra static sensors on the spacial cam to monitor the motor drag. That triple sprocket cam will just have to wait until I can recoup my funds after splurging on that M Theory Membrane I got earlier.

    ReplyDelete