Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Video!



I seem to be having difficulty with Blogger uploading my videos. So I figured out the YouTube way of embedding videos.
Now you get to see more videos like this 'rover's view' video.

 My 8 year old nephew, Will, inspired this video. Just before Thanksgiving, I was showing him how far along the rover is, then he dumped out some Jenga blocks and told me to drive over them. I had never stress tested the motors and wheels before so I totally agreed and found out this thing really has some power! I continued to drive over the blocks for about 10 minutes without any sign of the battery losing power. This quick video I uploaded was a little recreation of that test. Hopefully soon, I'll have suspension on and it'll work even better. Also, you can see the camera displayed on my laptop's screen. In the next few months, I plan on incorporating this into a nice graphical user interface.

No comments:

Post a Comment